What is Spay/Neuter?
The term neutering refers to a minor operation to remove the reproductive organs of the male and female animal, while spaying is specific to female animals.
Why Spay/Neuter is Important?
Stray Animal Population ControlStray Animal Population Control
Thousands of stray animals and unwanted litters face euthanasia or are suffering on the streets, please neuter your pets and help prevent this problem. Starting from 2 cats, you can end up with as many as 20,000 kittens and cats in a matter of 7 years.
Do you have the means to care for them or to find them homes? The majority of strays cannot get sufficient food, are exposed to diseases and to the taunting and cruelty of heartless people; they often also end up maimed or dead from accidents. Don’t be a part of the problem, be a part of the solution.
Health BenefitsHealth Benefits
- Decreases the risk of mammary tumors (breast cancer)
- Eliminates the risk of uterine infections (pyometra)
- Reduces the risk of TVT (Transmissible Venereal Tumour), a sexually transmitted cancer.
- Avoid the risks of pregnancy and birth.
- Reduces the chances of TVT
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
- Markedly reduces the risk of prostrate cancer, anal gland cancer
Behavior BenefitsBehavior Benefits
Prevents wandering and roaming in search of females, which can lead to:
- road accidents
- fighting leading to wounds and infections
- spread of diseases such as TVT
Eliminates marking of territory by urine spraying and reduces odor
Reduces interdog aggression.
Avoid embarrassing moments where dogs like to 'mount' on peoples leg.
Eliminate the the frantic pacing and crying while in heat.
Spayed and neutered pets are more relaxed, and more homely
Is it Legal?
Yes. And it was issued by JAKIM (July 2002) that it is Harus to neutered or spayed your pets in order to maintain the health and welfare of both the animals and the community.
Be Responsible! Stop poisoning and killing animals. Act like a human with akal for once. The solution for your problem with too many cats around your perumahan pooping on your lawn is obvious.
Source: Instingt Pet Groomer ... spelled with a 'g': From Klinik Kembiri: Malaysia's Non-Profit Spay/Neuter Clinic
Source: World Spay Day